Monday, April 11, 2011

Chef Still Life

“The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.”
– William Connor Magee



Chef Still Life – 10″ x 10″ Watercolor

YAY!  A new painting!  It’s been a while since I posted anything new so I’m excited.  Saturday I got up early and painted this still life from KreativeK’s WetCanvas references.  I normally don’t paint still lifes but this one called out to me.  I had so much fun!!  It’s big for me too!!  I rarely go this big.  I painted three paintings Saturday morning so I have more to share this week.  :)

About William Connor Magee

British prelate William Connor Magee was known as the Militant Bishop for his forceful speaking style, though he always worked for peace. He was born in 1821 in Ireland. Extremely bright, he enrolled in Trinity College at age 13. Ordained to a curacy at St. Thomas’s, Dublin, his fame as a speaker took him all the way to the powerful Archbishop of York. He spoke several times in the House of Lords, arguing against the dissolution of the Irish Church and against national temperance laws. He died in 1891.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment