Monday, April 4, 2011

The Egret and the Frog – Watercolor ATC

“When thinking won’t cure fear, action will.”
– William Clement Stone



The Egret and the Frog – Watercolor ATC

“I’m Ellen the Egret.  The thing I like best about spring is the beautiful sunrises.  I could just look at them forever!  Something is tickling my foot!”

This little ATC went to Darlene, in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
I like today’s quote.  I haven’t flown much lately, because the wild and windy weather in Oklahoma is beyond my personal minimums as a student.  Friday was calm, so I mustered up the courage to go do some touch and gos at the airport in McAlester.  I was nervous, because it had been a while.  After carefully doing my preflight, I preceded to do some takeoffs and landings.   I learned a lot in just an hour, that I can’t learn from a book and I’m glad I went.   Unfortunately, the forecast for the next 8 days call for major wind, so I’m grounded again.   I still have a lot of studying to do, so the time will not be wasted.

I am so close to finishing that I can taste it.  I can’t wait until I pass my check-ride, so I can take my husband with me.  That’s when all the hard work will really pay off.  We are going to have so much fun!  :)

About William Clement Stone

American businessman William Clement Stone overcame an impoverished childhood to head an insurance empire. He was born in 1902 in Chicago. His father died when he was three, leaving the family in debt. Stone dropped out of school to help his mother sell insurance. He called cold calls “gold calls,” and started each day saying, “I feel happy! I feel healthy! I feel ter-r-r-ific!” He cowrote the book Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude with Napoleon Hill. He died in 2002 at age 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment