Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fresh Tulips

“There are two ways of exerting one’s strength: one is pushing down, the other is pulling up.”
– Booker T. Washington

I love that quote.  :)




Fresh Tulips – 10″ x 10″ Watercolor

I used the biggest watercolor brush I dared to paint this.  I wanted to do loose and fresh, with very little attention to details.  (for me anyway)  I had a great time!  This is large for me and the size makes it even prettier in person.  The reference photo is from KreativeK at WetCanvas.  Fun!

About Booker T. Washington

Booker T. Washington, the influential American educator, was the first African-American to be invited to the White House; he also had tea with Queen Victoria. He was born in slavery in Virginia in 1856. After emancipation, he worked in the salt mines. When he learned of a school that would accept former slaves, he walked much of the 400 miles to get there. He became an outspoken advocate of education and hard work for African-Americans and founded Tuskegee University. He died in 1915.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment