Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Frisky Flamingo – 2.5″ x 3.5″ Watercolor ATC

“Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn’t permanent.”
– Jean Kerr



Frisky Flamingo – 2.5″ x 3.5″ Watercolor ATC

“My name is Miss Fancy.  I am a frisky flamingo and the thing I like best about spring is me.  Don’t you just love my pink feathers?  I also love tulips.  Tulips are pretty!”

We are holding our city elections in Eufaula, today.  I can’t vote, since I don’t live in the city limits, but I have been enjoying the race.  All three mayoral candidates are graduates of Eufaula High School and each one brings unique qualities to the table.  I have a secret favorite, but I’ll keep it to myself and give my complete support to whoever wins.  As a business person in a town where I can’t vote for the mayor or city councilpersons, I sincerely hope for the best and look toward a bright future.

Good luck to all of the mayoral and city council candidates today. :)

About Jean Kerr

Comedic American author Jean Kerr is known for her wry take on married life in the suburbs in such books as How I Got to Be Perfect and Please Don’t Eat the Daisies, which was turned into both a movie and a TV series. She was born in Pennsylvania in 1922. She often collaborated on plays with her husband, drama critic Walter Kerr. She also wrote a number of plays by herself, including the extremely successful Mary, Mary, which ran for nearly 1,600 performances. She died in 2003.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment