Friday, April 8, 2011

Kookaburra – 2.5″ x 3.5″ Watercolor ATC

“The be-all and end-all of life should not be to get rich, but to enrich the world.”
– Bertie Charles Forbes



Kookaburra – 2.5″ x 3.5″ Watercolor ATC

“I’m Kizzie the Kookaburra.  The thing I like best about spring is my new hair braids.  I flew all the way over to Jamaica and they do it on the beach!  I sipped a rum cocktail while they did my hair.”

This ATC went to Bonnie in Regina, SK, Canada.

I saw them doing this in Jamaica, when I was there in the early 80′s.  I’m sure the locals laughed at all the goofy tourists.  On the plane ride home, there were quite an assortment of sunburned, braid-headed girls and women.  I even saw a few brave guys on the plane, with their beaded braids.   I guess what happens in Jamaica doesn’t necessarily stay in Jamaica.  he he   :D

About Bertie Charles Forbes

Bertie Charles Forbes, known as B.C. Forbes, is remembered as the founder of the long-running Forbes magazine, aimed at investors. He was born in 1880 in Scotland. He worked as a reporter for a Dundee newspaper until 1901, when he moved to South Africa and founded a newspaper there; but he stayed just three years before moving to the United States, where he became a financial editor and columnist. His sons Bruce and Malcolm succeeded him as editors-in-chief of Forbes. He died in 1954.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment