Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wanna Go For A Ride?

“Amongst my Superpowers are my ability to find creative solutions, my ability to wait, my ability to look listen and learn, my ability to modify the flight plan ensuring a successful outcome, PLUS consider IMPOSSIBLEs only stepping stones to success.”

Michelle Bassanesi
Rome, Italy

This quote was in response to a female pilot’s question to the other gals in the 99′s (women’s aviation group) – “What are your superpowers?”

I loved her answer.  It doesn’t just apply to piloting, but to life.



Wanna Go For A Ride? – 5″ x 7″ Watercolor & Sharpie

This is another great reference from KreativeK at WetCanvas.com.  I had fun simplifying it and showing the joy in it.   This is the third of three paintings I got to do last Saturday.

I went to McAlester yesterday afternoon and took their Cessna 172 out for some solo touch and gos.  I really had a good time.  My instructor wants me to do my long solo “cross country” this Saturday.    Of course it will depend on the availability of the plane and a last look at the weather.  I’ll fly from Muskogee, OK to Fort Smith, AR, to McAlester, OK then back to Muskogee.  Fort Smith is in controlled airspace which means I have to talk to and receive instructions from a control tower.  I am nervous about that, but have been listening to LiveATC.net, to get comfortable with that radio environment.  The links show satellite views of the airports.  :)

Michelle Bassanesi

If you click on that link it will tell you a little more about Ms. Bassanesi.  She seems like a wonderful lady.

The Ninety Nines

OUR MISSION –The Ninety-Nines is the international organization of women pilots that promotes advancement of aviation through education, scholarships, and mutual support while honoring our unique history and sharing our passion for flight.

Established in 1929 by 99 women pilots, the members of The Ninety-Nines, Inc., International Organization of Women Pilots, are represented in all areas of aviation today. And, to quote Amelia, fly “for the fun of it!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment