Monday, April 18, 2011

Colorful Cat in the Hat

“There is a sense of exhilaration that comes from facing head-on the hard truths and saying, ‘We will never give up. We will never capitulate. It might take a long time, but we will find a way to prevail.’”
– Jim Collins



Colorful Cat in the Hat – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor

I had a wonderful reference photo from Sharrm at WetCanvas of her cat Keeta, wearing this hat.  I decided to try something that Leslie White demonstrated on her blog.  I drew a 2×3 graph on the photo  then made a distorted 2×3 graph on my paper.  See how Leslie did it here.  I had a great time!  I wanna do that again!
I did 2 other little paintings over the weekend, so stay tuned.  :)
 
Boy, that’s a good quote by Jim Collins.  I was all set to do my long cross country solo Saturday, when on the way up there, my instructor called and said the winds were too high.  I continued to Muskogee to fly some maneuvers with my him, but the plane had some mechanical problems, so I came on home.  While I was there, I had him go over my flight plan anyway, so I feel pretty good about doing that part right.  Life is good and there’s plenty of time.  I’ll have another go at it.

About Jim Collins

American business guru Jim Collins has written or cowritten four books, including the instant classic Built to Last, which spent more than six years on the Business Week best-seller list, and Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…and Others Don’t, which became a New York Times best seller. He was raised in Boulder, Colorado. After seven years teaching at Stanford University’s business school, he founded a research laboratory to examine companies and why they succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment